Photos of flowers and plants taken at our garden and walking trails in Gifu City on May 1, 4, 5 ,and 6, 2023.
I took these photos using SEL55210 from Sony’s alpha 6000 mirrorless digital camera double zoom lens kit. The sizes of the images are converted to be smaller than the original images so that they don’t take too long to display on a Web page.
I am not very familiar with the names of flowers/plants and am slowly learning them as I look them up on the Internet.
1. German bearded iris, bearded iris, Iris × germanica (2023/5/1)
German bearded iris, bearded iris, Iris × germanica (2023/5/4)
2. hyacinth orchid, Chinese ground orchid, Bletilla striata (2023/5/1)
hyacinth orchid, Chinese ground orchid, Bletilla striata (2023/5/4)
hyacinth orchid, Chinese ground orchid, Bletilla striata (2023/5/5)
hyacinth orchid, Chinese ground orchid, Bletilla striata (White) (2023/5/4)
3. Iceland poppy, Papaver nudicaule (2023/5/1)
Iceland poppy and cornflower (2023/5/1)
4. eggplant (2023/5/1)
5. bell pepper (2023/5/1)
6. cherry tomato (2023/5/1)
7. onion (2023/5/1)
8. pea (2023/5/1)
9. Iris sanguinea (Japanese iris) and Iris pseudacorus (yellow flag, yellow iris, water flag) (2023/5/4)
Iris pseudacorus (yellow flag, yellow iris, water flag) (2023/5/4)
10. flowers of orange tree (2023/5/4)
11. peanut cactus, Echinopsis chamaecereus (2023/5/4)
peanut cactus, Echinopsis chamaecereus (2023/5/5)
12. sorrel, common sorrel, garden sorrel (2023/5/4)
I took these photos on a walking trail. I have often seen this plant in the past and was curious about its name. It is sometimes grown as a vegetable in foreign countries.
13. treasure flower, Gazania rigens (2023/5/5)
14. treasure flower, Gazania rigens (2023/5/5)
15. blueberry (2023/5/5)
16. chameleon plant, Chinese lizard tail, Houttuynia cordata (2023/5/5)
17. Japanese micro-aster (2023/5/5)
18. false strawberry, mock strawberry, backyard strawberry, Potentilla indica (2023/5/5)
19. golden everlasting, strawflower, Xerochrysum bracteatum (2023/5/5)
20. Oxalis debilis, pink woodsorrel, large-flowered pink-sorrel (2023/5/6)
21. vegetable garden (2023/5/1)
22. cherry blossoms (2023/5/1)
Once the cherry blossoms had fallen and turned to leaves, but on May 1, I saw a few blooming again.
23. oriental turtle dove (2023/5/1)
Last year, there was a family of oriental turtle doves that lived at a nest in the weeping plum tree. This year, I have often seen a dove near the weeping plum tree since April.
24. black-winged fritillary (female) (2023/5/5)
I don’t think I saw this butterfly around here about 40 years ago.